How do you reconnect with your partner? Tuning out any noise, stress, or the strains of being responsible for little people to remember what’s real and sacred between you is crucial. While we love mini-getaways the most, let’s be honest who doesn’t want a getaway, if you can’t get an overnight sitter, day dates are easy and offer so much more. Don’t get me wrong, sharing a meal is a an essential part of the human experience, says this from the Atlantic. But for us, food isn’t the most entertaining, relaxing, refreshing way to spend your time. When time is limited, we prefer the things that recharge your spirit and make you feel alive. Here are just a few ideas for super fun day dates for parents around the Philly area:
- Hike to a waterfall
- Rent Vespas/Motorcycle/Scooter and go somewhere fast
- Kid-free beach day: Play arcade games on the boardwalk, eat pizza, dip toes in ocean, get palm read, people watch, eat ice cream, talk about the kids, watch sun set
- Splash through the rapids together on a whitewater rafting trip
- Spa Day: Couples massage and hot tub soaking at the Logan Spa
- Have a long boozey lunch in a new place, explore, hunt for treasures at a thrift store, peruse the independent bookstore
- Try something new: Windsurfing, kayaking, or stand-up paddle boarding at Marsh Creek State Park
- Hit up an amusement or waterpark kid-free
Whatever it is, we hope you #gosomewherefun!
Want to get in touch? Email us.